NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Monthly Forum: April Forum – Sustainable Food SystemsApril 19, 2017 6:30-8:00 PM
- Where: Project Farmhouse 76 East 13th Street New York, NY 10003
- Hosted by: GreenHomeNYC
- Go to event website »
This month’s Forum is targeted to those who are interested in the food and organics issues that cities are facing amidst a trend toward zero waste goals and sustainable materials management. Five experts will discuss how they’re designing and implementing more sustainable urban food systems that will help NYC achieve it’s “0x30” goal to send zero waste to landfills by the year 2030.
- Michael Hurwitz – Director, Greenmarket Program, GrowNYC
- Thomas McQuillan – Director of Food Service Sales and Sustainability, Baldor Specialty Foods
- Clare Miflin – Associate Principal, Kiss + Cathcart; Leader, AIA Design Guidelines for Zero Waste Advisory Committee
- Christina Grace – Principal, Foodprint Group; Co-leader, AIA Design Guidelines for Zero Waste Advisory Committee
- Maya Shenkman – Director of Hotel Services, Great Forest; Member, Hotel Association of NYC Sustainability Committee
After the event we’ll be heading to a nearby bar for networking and connecting. Location to be announced at the forum. Please join us!
Back to all events