NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Business Continuity Planning for Affordable Housing OrganizationsDecember 13, 2013 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Where: Enterprise Community Partners 1 Whitehall Street, 11th Floor New York, NY 10004
- Hosted by: Enterprise Community Partners and NeighborWorks
- Go to event website »
Being responsive in the wake of a natural or man-made disaster means being prepared for a variety of inevitable situations. The purpose of a business continuity plan or a disaster recovery plan is to prepare your organization in the event of extended service outages caused by factors beyond your control (e.g., natural disasters, man-made events), and to restore services to the widest extent possible in a minimum timeframe. This process is difficult enough for large businesses, but can be very daunting for community based housing organizations that often have less staff and resources and who are responsible for dozens, hundreds, if not thousands of homes and residents. This course will lead participants through a set of strategies and tools for the development of an effective Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for their Community Development Organization (CDO).
This one day joint training with Enterprise and NeighborWorks will cover:
- What, Why and How of Business Continuity Plans.
- Participants will identify the topics to be included in their organization’s Business Continuity Plan including staffing, communications, insurance, and record storage
- Participants will be able to explain how to use the manual provided at the training to develop a Business Continuity Plan for their organization
- Participants will be able to identify and list the roles of local, state and federal government in preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation and describe the process required to bring federal assistance following a disaster.
- Participants will summarize how to successfully coordinate supplemental recovery funding with FEMA/SBA/CCBG funds.
The course will provide the participant with a business continuity planning manual and the tools to begin your own plan.
Back to all events