NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Cool Roofing and Coating Systems: Not a WhitewashJune 30, 2014 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Where: Columbia University Havemeyer Hall, Room 309
- Hosted by:
- Go to event website »
The Columbia University Graduate Programs in Construction Administration and Sustainability Management and IBC Groups invite you to a lecture and reception with Kent Jobe, Principal at IBC Groups, and Luke Falk, faculty for Columbia’s Master of Science in Sustainability Management program and Sustainability Manager at the Related Companies.
Kent Jobe of IBC Groups, Luke Falk of the Related Companies
Participants will learn to:
- Define a cool roof & understand the benefits of a cool roof
- Understand mitigating effects of Cool Roofing on Urban Heat Islands
- Describe the options for “cool” roofing materials
- Understand Energy Codes and Cool Roof Ratings systems
- Investigate basic types of roof coatings and their compositions and benefits
- Evaluate the condition of a roof to determine if the roof is suitable for coating
- Use rating guides to understand the best cool roofing option
This program is registered for AIA and PDH continuing education credits.
Back to all events