NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Deploying a Corporate Sustainability Strategy: What Implications for Management?May 30, 2013 9:30AM-12:30PM
- Where: The Markle Foundation 10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor New York, NY 10020
- Hosted by: AGRION
- Go to event website »
To reach sustainability goals and improve their environmental and social performance, companies have to integrate corporate responsibility into the core business functions and governance structure of their operations. To this extent, roles and responsibilities are shifting and new functions are appearing to deal with the new sustainability imperative. How is this affecting middle management and redefining job functions?
Some questions to address during this roundtable include:
- How can sustainability be compelling for middle managers?
- How is a corporate sustainability strategy translated into managerial practices and spearheaded at various levels of the company to achieve overall objectives?
- How can a sense of ownership be promoted to encourage managers to implement action plans for sustainability?
- How are sustainability projects deployed and carried out by managers?
- What tools are available to them to drive sustainability within various company divisions (sales, marketing, R&D)?
- Should annual benefits be tied to sustainability performance?
Charlene Wall-Warren, BASF, Sustainability Leader
Scott Tew, Ingersoll Rand, Executive Director, Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
George Favaloro, PwC, Managing Director, Sustainable Business Solutions
Back to all events