NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
High Performance Brownstones: How To Durably Insulate On The Interior For Airtightness And Vapor ControlApril 30, 2013 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Where: Center for Architecture 536 LaGuardia Place New York, NY 10012 phone: 212.683.0023
- Hosted by: AIA New York - Building Enclosure Council
- Go to event website »
- What metrics we need to meet to get the building (close to) passive house performance. The inherent compact shape of a brownstone means that we do not need to lose a lot of valuable floorspace, but it does require good windows, a very good air-seal and heat recovery ventilation.
- What elements influence our exterior walls – which get them wet, which let them dry – and how can we use materials to our advantage if we insulate these old structures on the interior
- Practical examples of what has worked in practice and which elements failed or need to be improved.
Back to all events