NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Ready to Respond: Building Resilience in Affordable Multifamily Housing CommunitiesAugust 13, 2015 830 AM
- Where: NYU Kimmel Center, Rosenthal Pavilion 60 Washington Square South, 10th Floor New York, NY 10012
- Hosted by: Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Go to event website »
Affordable multifamily housing organizations face unique challenges during emergency events. Having the right plan in place before disaster strikes will contribute to an effectively managed, coordinated response across staff, departments, partner agencies, and sites.
This event will celebrate the release of the Ready to Respond: Disaster Staffing Toolkit, developed by Enterprise Community Partner’s, Inc. and HUD to support multifamily housing resilience.
Breakfast and registration begin at 8:30 AM
Keynote speaker: Harriet Tregoning, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, HUD
Discussion: Designing Resilient Communities through Government and CDC Partnership
- Vicki Been, Commissioner, New York City Housing Preservation and Development
- Lisa Bova-Hiatt, Interim Executive Director, New York State Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery
- Holly Leicht, Regional Administrator, HUD Region II
- Shola Olatoye, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, New York City Housing Authority
- Dan Zarrilli, Director, New York City Mayor’s Office of Recovery and Resiliency
- Moderator: Laurel Blatchford, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
Discussion: Making the Case to be Disaster Ready: Voices from the Field
- Michelle de la Uz, Executive Director, Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc.
- Christopher Kui, Executive Director, Asian Americans for Equality
- Donald Manning, Housing Director, Jewish Association Serving the Aging
- Mike Whelan, Chief Financial Officer, Services for the UnderServed
- Moderator: Lindsay Goldman, Deputy Director, Aging, The New York Academy of Medicine
Back to all events