NYC Green Building EventsPlease note that GreenHomeNYC lists local events as a service to the community and is not directly affiliated with every event listed please check the individual listings to find out details and contact information!
You can also submit an event to be included on this list.
Regional Plan Association’s 23rd Annual Assembly: A Resilient RegionApril 19, 2013 8:30am - 4:00pm w/ reception to follow
- Where: Waldorf-Astoria, New York 301 Park Avenue, between 49th and 50th streets, in New York City. The hotel has a second entrance on Lexington Avenue, also between 49th and 50th streets.
- Hosted by: Regional Plan Association
- Go to event website »
The New York metropolitan region has thrived in recent years even as it has been buffeted by economic and environmental pressures. Yet three urgent challenges – climate change, declining economic opportunity and fiscal uncertainty in the public sector – threaten to derail the region’s continued progress. RPA’s 23rd annual Assembly, “A Resilient Region,” will examine these pressing problemsand shed light on the best strategies to overcome them and ensure the region’s continued success.
This year’s Assembly will look at topics including:
- How can we lessen the region’s vulnerability to severe storms and rising sea levels? What are the best strategies for protecting our coastal areas, transit systems and power networks? What steps do we need to take to reduce our carbon emissions over the long term?
- What can local and state governments do to increase the economic opportunity of residents?
- How can government operate more efficiently, be more responsive to long-term needs and less paralyzed by debt?
Regional Plan Association is America’s oldest and most distinguished independent urban research and advocacy organization. RPA works to improve the economic competitiveness, infrastructure, sustainability and quality of life of the New York- New Jersey-Connecticut metropolitan region. A cornerstone of our work is the development of long-range plans and policies to guide the growth of the region. Through the America 2050 program, RPA also provides leadership in the Northeast and across the U.S. on a broad range of transportation and economic-development issues. RPA enjoys broad support from the business, philanthropic, civic and planning communities.
$350 / $300 Members
Breakfast, luncheon and reception are included in the registration fee. Conference materials will be distributed to all attendees.
Registration includes a one-year membership to RPA at the Member ($50) level.
Back to all events