August 3, 2020
Join us for our August 2020 Green Careers webinar for a panel discussion + Q&A with people working in green financing
As the famous saying goes, “Follow the money”. Energy efficiency and renewable energy projects require financing, and there are many different ways to create a loan. This is an often overlooked puzzle piece for people interested in sustainability, but a huge one that touches just about every project. Come listen (and ask questions!) to how these professionals have developed their skills to accelerate green projects in NY.
This is your opportunity to ask the professionals about their career history and how you too could possibly transition your career into green-related topic work.
Acquiring finance is essential for developing sustainability projects across private and non-private sectors in areas like renewable energy and real estate. Come listen to how these finance professionals have developed their skills to now focus on accelerating green projects in NY.
– is currently a Financial Strategy Manager, leading Corporate Finance at EnterSolar, a solar development firm focused on commercial clients based in NYC with projects spanning across the US. She received her formal educational training from the Univerisity of Maryland with a focus on Finance and Accounting. She holds a CPA license in New York State. Zaira has over 7 years of experience working as a financial analyst and a management consultant for companies such as GE and Ernst & Young before beginning her transition into renewable energy finance at JP Morgan Chase.
– is currently a Vice President of Equity Capital Markets Energy & Power at Bank of America. A graduate from Georgetown University, she has completed a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology & International affairs, and an MBA at Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business. Robyn has nearly 15 years of working experience in the sustainability and finance field. Her roles have spanned from an energy and climate analyst working with federal and state agencies to working with corporate clients in the utility, power, and renewable energy space across the Americas.
Barry P. Korn
– is a Chartered Financial Analyst with over 30 years of direct lending and consulting experience. Some people read novels, Barry Korn reads balance sheets. Clients come to Barrett Capital to obtain the financing needed to accomplish their energy efficiency projects. And, Barrett Capital serves as the underwriter for NYSERDA’s (New York State’s Energy Research & Development Authority “On Bill” subsidized lending Program for loans up to $50,000 and a Participating Lender for larger sized loans.
– is a Project Manager on NYSERDA’s NY-Sun team with a focus on the Low-Moderate Income portfolio. In particular, he manages the Affordable Solar and Storage Predevelopment and Technical Assistance program and the financial incentives that support projects built on multifamily affordable housing. Before joining NYSERDA, Chris was at the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners where his work concentrated on electricity regulatory issues and international development. He has a JD from Washington University in St. Louis and an LLM in Environmental Law from Vermont Law School.
– is the Director of Engineering for NYCEEC. He provides technical due diligence, risk management, and construction surveillance for loan transactions. He helps the NYCEEC team understand how financed projects will save energy, get built, and track their on-going performance.
: Tuesday, August 11th
: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
NOTE: A link to join this online event will be distributed to registered participants ahead of the start time.
If you have any questions, please contact the GreenHomeNYC Green Careers group at [email protected]
Book your ticket here!