August 31, 2023
GreenHomeNYC is looking for a detail-oriented and focused coordinator to recruit new volunteers and match them to roles that suit their interests and skills.
GreenHomeNYC promotes energy efficient and sustainable buildings and green professional development in NYC. We provide sustainability information to the general public and technical education to advance sustainability careers through a diverse array of programming, events, peer-to-peer mentoring and networking opportunities.
Job Description, Requirements and Duties
This position includes three separate components: outreach, recruitment and retention.
Outreach includes the preparation of recruitment materials and the promotion of volunteer roles utilizing social media outreach, our monthly newsletter, volunteer and job recruitment websites and collaborations with partner organizations.
Recruitment includes attracting potential volunteers to our information sessions, conducting the session and following up with interested candidates for onboarding with GreenHomeNYC.
The coordinator will also follow up with new volunteers on a regular basis to ensure that they are becoming fully integrated with our volunteer teams.
Specific responsibilities will include:– Creating volunteer recruitment materials for various online platforms
* Promoting volunteer opportunities using volunteer and job recruitment websites and collaborations with partner organizations for cross promotions
* Utilizing our social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook) to raise awareness of our volunteer opportunities
* Conducting generic onboarding (non-team-specific) recruitment
* Matching recruits with the appropriate programming teams and introductions to team leads for further onboarding
* Regular check-ins with new recruits and team leads to ensure onboarding is completed in a timely manner
* Creating a volunteer database and keeping it updated on an ongoing basis
* Creating onboarding and training materials in collaboration with lead volunteers
* Assisting with organizing quarterly volunteer meetup socials
Candidates should be current master degree students pursuing marketing, communications, or related fields.
The ideal candidate lives, works, and/or attends school in New York City or is within a reasonable commuting distance from Manhattan.
The work schedule for this position is five hours per day, three days per week, with an additional three hours during once per month to attend GreenHomeNYC monthly forums and lead an in-person volunteer session just prior to the forum. Except for the in-person Monthly Forum/volunteer information sessions and the quarterly volunteer socials (2 hours), all work is expected to be remote.
The expected duration of the position is six months with the potential for a three month extension for a total of nine months.
This position includes a $25 hourly salary on an independent contractor basis.
Candidates are expected to have:* Excellent organizational skills and exceptional communication and listening skills
* Capacity to self direct, plan, develop and execute assigned tasks
* Effective writing and telephone/video call skills
* Proficiency with online tools and platforms including Google Workspace,intermediate Excel/Google Sheets skills, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (knowledge of social media scheduling tools are a plus)
* Capability for independent work and mastering and developing effective processes
* A computer and reliable internet and phone service
* Interest in sustainability issues and green buildings
To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume as one PDF to [email protected] with the subject: Volunteer Coordinator Position – [Your Name]