April 20, 2010
On Saturday, May, 8th GreenHomeNYC presents its 9th biannual Green Building Tour! The tours give everyone a chance to see green buildings all over New York City, to provide information about, and facilitate the adoption of sustainable building methods and materials. Read on for details below, then register online today
The tours are an opportunity to learn about energy efficient and sustainable building methods directly from building professionals such as the architect, engineer, developer or owner. You’ll experience firsthand the inner workings and design details, as well the challenges and accomplishments that were faced by the professionals involved with these commercial and residential buildings.
Previous tours have given participants valuable insight into a variety of green building concepts and features such as:
- energy-saving solutions
- photovoltaic and solar hot water technology and integration
- water-saving fixtures and appliances
- green roofs
- solar heating (”passive solar”) techniques
- allergy/asthma-sensitive building materials
- variety of green materials including paints, insulation, carpeting, renewably- harvested wood products, reclaimed and recycled materials
- When: Saturday, May 8th. Between roughly 10am and 4pm.
- Where: Three tours, visiting buildings in The Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Cost: $25 per tour
- Register online today
We have three tours this year. Each one will be led by a GreenHomeNYC volunteer and cover a different geographical area. Follow the links in the tour descriptions below to read more about any building on the tours.
SOLD OUT. Greater Brooklyn.
10am-4pm $25; includes transportation.
Williamsburg Bike Tour
10am-3pm $25; includes lunch.
Uptown Manhattan and The Bronx Bus Tour
9:30am-2:30pm $25; includes lunch and transportation.